View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 4, 2009, 7:21 PM
we built this city

I think you guys are out of your mind if you would rather have the herald lots look like they do right now.

The Cogswell proposal doesn't even have any renderings. And would it not violate the HRMbyDesign timelines for Cogswell? How much public money would they need to tear down a section of the interchange? Its just not feasible in the near future and I would be worried about a project never getting off the ground. Plus, Cogswell isn't as bad an eyesore as the Herald site, which ruins a whole streetscape that would otherwise be great.

It makes wayy more sense for it to go on the Herald lands. Think about it, an ugly lot would be replaced, there would be more towers in a part of the city that needs them right now, and there would be alot less demolition required. It would also mean that the Metro Centre could expand, yet still be in close proximity to the convention centre.

Cogswell is years away, and as much as I would like to see it gone, I want to be realistic for the city. International Place will end up filling a good gap and eventually I hope to see a comprehensive plan for the WHOLE Cogswell site.

I'm just worried about the heritage crew, they have managed to restrict too much economic growth in this city and I am really afraid of what impact they will have on the future growth of the city. I wonder how much money they have cost developers... now thats a crime.