View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 14, 2019, 3:33 AM

I agree it's tough to reconcile the height limit and FAR concepts the way they're presented (in separate maps, etc). Hopefully they will release some renderings modeling the different options. The way I understand it is that the maximum number of floors would be the FAR divided by the fraction of the lot that is covered (assuming consistent floorplates). So a building that takes up 1/3 of a lot with an FAR of 8.0 would have ~24 floors, plus or minus a few depending on things like podiums and setbacks. This is really hard to visualize the way it's presented because the lots are all different shapes and sizes and there's no map showing both the height limits and FARs together.

Overall it's true that it's not as simple as saying that lots that were maxed at 20 in the previous version are now maxed at 27 [edit: 90m limits, then subject to FAR, so whatever can be done with that floor-wise] - they're maxed at approximately the same density and then there is some leeway in terms of height depending on how bulky the tower is. Basically it builds in a consideration of the building's overall shape into the process so that we don't end up with too many (more) wide slabs. In cases where the height limit is 90m and the FAR is 8, the 90m can only be achieved with a very slim tower or extensive setbacks. At least that's my interpretation of it.

Last edited by Hali87; Apr 14, 2019 at 4:12 AM.