View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 19, 2020, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
I've heard good things about the Cooperators but haven't used them myself. I currently use Square One and haven't had any issues (or claims!).

I'm curious, Amazing Brentwood is brand new and already has a $250k deductible? Was this all they could get or the strata/developer opting for a cheaper policy? I'm guessing the latter if this was indeed from the developer.
I think it is a case of developer being proactive in protecting themselves. If you talk to insurers the number of water claims in highrises, even for brand new building is very high. Some are very serious claims affecting multiple units. Tower 2 has fair number of rental units. Many people are ignorant , or careless of using water appliances. Misuse of garburator for instance caused a lot of pipe problems. Some people still think pouring fat laden liquid down the drain is still OK, except that fat solidify in the pipe and eventually clogged up the pipe several floor down. Strata should do some serious education to people living in stratas for a start. Strata insurance is absolute last remedy, proactive education for responsible condo living cannot be over emphasized.