View Single Post
Old Posted May 31, 2006, 5:10 AM
Because I'm Clever!

^It's all we have left, unfortunately. There used to be a bunch of real 360 panos around the web, but almost all have been taken down or the site expired. I'll keep posting new panos as I go on, from different angles and times of day. The quality will improve too as I finish 3WTC, 7WTC, the twin tower roofs and lobbies as well as the plaza.

A larger version of the pano, with twice the resolution and weghing in at almost 4MB. There's an even larger version I rendered earlier, but it's 14MB size makes it unwieldy.
http://skyscrapermodels.us/pics/wtc_m.mov

Some new stills as well:

3WTC should be done either tomorrow or thursday, I've got to finsh the roof and put in that chunk that's missing in the last render. Then some more plaza work and I'll see what I can get done on 7 over the weekend. The Twin Tower interiors/roofs will be wrapped up sometime next week, and that's about it. Total model should have around 500,000 polygons, with 60,000 in each of the towers, 20,000 in the hotel, 10,000 in each of the plaza low-rises, and 50,000 in the outlying buildings.

Last edited by STR; May 31, 2006 at 5:18 AM.