View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 30, 2018, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Your summary was so glib, cartoonish, and yes, "strawman-like", how are we to respond?

We aren't arguing controversial points here. If you believe that my 13-month- old son consumes in the same manner as a 20-something professional, I don't know what to say.

They count exactly the same towards neighborhood density calculations, yet my son is highly unlikely to be seen visiting the local hookah bar at 4 AM anytime soon.
I can agree that it was purposefully glib and cartoonish, but not strawman.

What level of favored "urban" qualities a neighborhood possesses is separate discussion. I can understand that people have differing definitions, and stated as such in my first response to you. I don't hold the same notions of what consitutes an urban environment as you may, and that's ok. And the discussion morphed into one about the characteristics of urbanism in city neighborhoods; what amenties, demographics, etc.

Was trying to support that Milwaukee's densely-populated neighborhoods weren't all that "urban" because of their lack of those amenities available in commercial districts that young, affluent people frequent and due to their demographic/ethnic/architectural vernacular then? I don't know... that's what I've been trying to figure out from the beginning.