View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 2, 2020, 1:51 PM

So looking at the DA, they currently have to build to the full 78 metres because that's what the schedules show. The schedules also tie them to the general architectural appearance. The materials specifications are pretty broad though, so I wouldn't hold my breath in terms of living up to the renderings in terms of materials. There is nothing tying them to the willow leaf pattern on the glass.

There's a provision allowing them to do a non-substantive amendment (no public involvement, pretty quick) to change the schedules to reduce the height to 62 metres. In theory they could sneak architectural changes in with a height reduction.

What is interesting is the DA requires 50% of the units to be 2+ bedrooms. I'm curious how that fits in terms of the senior housing model. Also, the DA references the C-2C Zone in the Halifax Peninsula Land Use Bylaw for what's allowed in terms of commercial uses. That's a little short-sighted because that zone should be going away as part of Centre Plan Package B adoption at the end of this year.