View Single Post
Old Posted May 26, 2018, 4:08 AM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiShawn View Post
Maybe this can be the first of many road closures. We can close Columbus through Grant park, Stockton and Cannon through Lincoln park, Sacramento/Humboldt through Humboldt park, Central Park through Garfield Park, and Morgan through Washington Park. We could have some NYC style parks where you can actually escape from the city.

I doubt this will ever happen though.
Not so sure I ever see Columbus through Grant Park ever being completely closed down permanently, but I do think a road diet could easily be put into place, making it less of a a hindrance to the overall personal enjoyment of Grant Park as an "escape" from the city.

Completely closing it off would result in even more gridlock along an already pretty much gridlocked section of LSD, and would impact Michigan Ave. through that area as well. Again, already nearly gridlocked.

Stockton/Cannon aren't anywhere near as major an arterial as Columbus is, and perhaps one/both of them CAN reasonably be closed. I've only actually driven on Cannon a couple of times, and I'm really not sure what true use it has, honestly.

Not going to comment on the others, since I don't have too much knowledge on the specifics...

Aaron (Glowrock)