View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 15, 2012, 1:20 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Oh, I noticed, I just didn't bring it up.

The Aquillini block isn't really part of the city's plan, so I think Raven Spanier is just using a bit of licence here to show the potential magnitude of the development.

The fact that the Aquillini's have purchased an entire city block across from the proposed site of the events centre however should not be ignored. There are even rumours that the Aquillini's might actually propose to build the events centre themselves. If so, it would be natural to assume that they would try to integrate their land holdings into the overall project.

What would this mean for the Crowne Plaza hotel? That's hard to say. The hotel is not overly attractive and is in mid life, but it has been recently renovated and is in fairly good shape. I don't think they will take it down but I imagine there will be concerted efforts to incorporate the hotel into whatever else the Aquillini's might have in mind for their block. I would think this might include reworking the facade of the hotel so that it complements what is built next door.....