View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 23, 2016, 7:06 PM

I just find it shame that the discussion needs to be so polarized and is filled with so much hate of the opposing opinion. It really reminds me of the black-and-white political discussion in the US which is not intelligent, nor concensus-seeking. I really dislike the "you are either with us or against us" menthality there and would not like to see it in Canada.

Seeing comments like "If Trump wins, I will be moving to the US" gathering 150+ Likes is just puzzling. Do some Canadians really believe we have it so bad in here to feel so strong? One may dislike the election result, but it's not like the new government is steering Canada towards anything totally different from what it has used to be. Trump on the other hand...

Another think I don't get, is the strong hate towards CBC, which in my opinion provides a really good public broadcasting service. Yes, I can see there being a slight bias towards the Liberals in some discussions, but to me the political discussion is most of the time intelligent, about the real issue and to the point. I really enjoy watching it and there is lots of criticism towards the government actions, just as there should be by the media!

I think CBC does a good job and I am happy that they were handed extra money to continue their work. It costs money to keep a nation-wide news service and do investigative journalism, but that is exactly what they are doing most of the time. Just leave out some of those brief fill-in viral video segments before the hour.

Just looking to hear some thoughtful comments on the subject.