View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 15, 2012, 4:04 PM

Should change the title of the thread, since this development is now called "The Modern" according to the article posted.
Maybe could be called "The Modern-Hudson Lights, to include the development in the Western half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post

Ground Broken on Mixed-Use Tower Project in Fort Lee, N.J.

10/18/2012
By Linh Tat, The Record
Quote:
"I feel like we've just reached the summit of Mount Everest after a long, hard climb," said Allen Goldman, president of SJP Properties, the managing partner of Fort Lee Redevelopment Associates. He predicted the project, once called The Center at Fort Lee but now renamed The Modern, "will forever change the borough of Fort Lee and the skyline of New Jersey."
Quote:
The Modern makes up the eastern half of a 16-acre downtown mixed-use project south of the George Washington Bridge. The redevelopment area is bounded by Bruce Reynolds Boulevard, Central Road, Main Street and Lemoine Avenue. The western half, called Hudson Lights, will be developed by Illinois-based Tucker Development Corp., and will feature approximately 175,000 square feet of shops and restaurants, 477 residential units and a 175-room hotel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Aren't the Palisades like 300 ft.? I know someone at Wired NY made the calculation.

From Manhattan, I think these buildings will basically be viewed as twin 800-foot towers, because of the Palisades.

They're twin 500 ft towers, and then sitting on the Palisades, these will be very prominent towers within the greater Manhattan-area skyline.
Yes, according to GE, the elevation of the Palisades is 90 meters, or about 300 feet.

These towers would be the tallest buildings in Fort Lee and in the entire Bergen County. They still be the second tallest structures in that county, behind the George Washington Bridge's west tower, (184 meters) but they will be about 55 meters taller than the bridge when added the 90 meters of elevation of the terrain on where the towers stand, so the top of the towers will be some 240 meters above the Hudson.