View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 17, 2009, 2:51 AM

hmm... this is hard coz there are only two entries, but i'm voting the one i believe really deserves, and as stated by the comp requiremnt, one that seeks to innovate railway station design.

CitiStation:
I voted this one for despite not looking like a station, it is a clear bashing of the stereotypical image of railway stations being busy, stressful and a fast paced place and this time, this station, in its appearance seeks to undermine that image. I like the concept of bringing calm to the environment and the people, and I find the station very economically viable. It's not that large for it appears the bulk seem to be underground, but its integration with the grassy field shows how the station probably tries to preserve the environment. It might still need more details but its actually simple in execution, with only an arcing roof as its major design point. I voted for this.

Johnston: I like the sleek, clean and modern facade but in terms of practicality, this one seems a bit too large for a railway station. When i first saw this I thought it looked like an airport, and the only indication of it being a railway station was the shot showing the tracks. Also, it seems an awfully large space to take for just trains. And sleek and clean the design may be, it seems a bit too 'been there done that.' Otherwise though, I think it make a great station if the following concerns were addressed.

Just my opinion...