View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 14, 2009, 1:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan View Post
This would be the 1/4 block parking lot at 3rd & San Jacinto. It is next to the Hampton Inn and across the street from the original 21 C site. I believe the 21C developers bought it from Whitley along with the printing plant. The applicant on the zoning case is White Lodging, and the owner is listed as Hywhite, LLC (ie. Hyatt - White Lodging).

The first link is the Marriot Convention Center Hotel at 2nd & Congress (or 3rd and Brazos if you wish - just down the block from the Hyatt). Read the article.

The 3rd & Colorado hotel is being developed by Hixon and Hines and is designed by Lake Flato. It is definitely in another class from these design wise. It was originally branded as a Westin, but the developers hinted that they were still negotiating on the brand around the same time that Hilton announced a new boutique line and Austin as a target market.

On the other hand, the 5th and Colorado site could the Hilton boutique site. (Mere speculation on my part)
You are correct about Poe (21C) buying the parking lot accross the street from Whitley. Thanks for putting the info together.

However, I am sorry to say I would prefer the parking lots to either of these designs. Cheap looking. Just Cheap. At least the one will look at home next to the Hampton Inn.

Please don't tell me they are considering fronting congress with that first box. Is that what I'm getting?