View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 4, 2008, 3:58 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

SSP Competition: University/City College

Well, this took forever like the stadium one. Anyways, I just decided to put them all in this thread. Well, the ones I could find, so we could vote on a city college and get this over with.

FlyersFan118:

Mo, I already got a university done up that I never textured:

Drew11:

Tanster:

I went for a Modern style built around an older campus look

Austin55

well hears mine. I wsh I had more time with it but band.

MikeR

ok here is my college I might work on it more before friday but I'm moving into my dorm and might not get a chance to.
It has a main bell tower with a loop surrounded by buildings I also want the roof to be green and able to have people to walk to there classes along roof paths

Aleks0o01:

SSP University. The university was founded in 1950 for the architectural studies that were popular at the time. During the 70's a medical research building was added. It is now one of the largest medical research facilities in the city.

Medical Research facility. It includes two towers, tower 1 is 10 stories while tower 2 is 16.

In 2000 the SSPU announced a plan to build new buildings including the dorm tower, new class towers a, a performing arts center and a gymnasium.

The new dorm buildings are 21 stories each and were completed late 2004. They have a twin tower design with rooftop decks for students. The first three floors include some retail but are mostly classrooms.

The gymnasium was later completed in 2006 and was the most expensive of the new buildings. Although the building is 185 feet tall it only has 8 visible floors. Officially the tower has 9 floors since one is in the stands in the pool atrium. The pool is located on the last level. Since SSP City always had a good swimming team, the university offered to include an Olympic sized pool in exchange of some tax relief.

The seventh floor has two tennis courts and two basketball courts with a bowling alley in construction.

The Performing Arts Center is U/C with an expected date of completion of late 2008. It is annexed to the Medical Research Center but there is no access to either building from the connecting walls.

The last building is approved and is having foundation work done at the site. It will be 8 or 9 floors and has a zig-zag design to allow more open space while providing the number of class rooms and offices needed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it seems like nobody finished but whoever wins can finish it and send it to Mo. Wow, it really has been quiet lately.