View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 30, 2014, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
I think she is one of those people who thinks she is smarter than everyone else in the room.
Women tend to ask questions when they are not sure about a subject.
Men will sit quietly, pretend to understand and then vote.
If every councillor/politician believed what was placed in front of them we would be in a much worse state. Last night Hendsbee knew more about condominium legislation regarding buildings and public space than the city solictor. ( he was right )
At a 1993/4 Neptune board meeting dealing with the proposed budget I asked if the organisation had Directors & Officers Liability Insurance. The answer was "No. We can't afford it"
Nobody else seemed bothered about the lack of D & O but I persisted and at another meeting a rep from a major bank told the president she would have to leave the board if Neptune did not have D & O. Major employers will not allow staff to serve on a board that does not have D & O. The cost was a couple of thousand dollars and the coverage was in place prior to construction of the new theatre. Amazing that all those, lawyers, accountants, executives and business people who had been board members and officers in earlier years had never asked the basic business question.
The only dumb question is the one you don't ask.