View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 8, 2022, 7:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montréaliste View Post
Very well put! Thank you for posting your appreciation of these extraordinary people. I liked all of them.

I have to acknowledge your tribute to Bogdonovich. His "Paper Moon" is my favorite movie, and PB's talent at storytelling is so striking in all the right ways.
Thank you & welcome. "Paper Moon" brings the Great Depression alive. Many great performances. Young Tatum O'Neal gives a stunning performance as the orphan child Addie. Too bad she didn't continue acting much beyond her youth, but how can you top perfection? I'm trying to find the full film to post here, but so far no success. Just snippets on youtube. I guess it is protected by copyright. The depression setting would fit right in with this blog.

Montreal is my favorite Canadian city, along with Quebec City.. Happy to see it thriving and building again, without tearing out all the lovely old buildings. Also like Vancouver and Victoria for the scenery, and Ottawa too, but Montreal has everything, including the terrific French Canadian culture and food mixed with the new immigrants from everywhere. Canada has two #1 cities, not just Toronto.

Last edited by CaliNative; Jan 9, 2022 at 12:42 AM.