View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrodill View Post
I'm not trying to offend posters, but their is something about a beach, where you actually go swimming in, being located on the banks or near to a major metropolitan city or an extremely high area of density that screams, bring your kids here for a nice day at the beach?

It's kinda like, let's go to the beach(add sand), and swim in a river going through the heart of a large downtown area? I'll pass(personally), others may enjoy the experience.
Nothing wrong at all with a nice urban beach, as long as you go to the right one.

When I visited Chicago for the first time a few years ago, I was blown away by the spectacular beaches on Lake Michigan. Big, clean, sandy beaches and clear, cool waters made for as pleasant a beach experience as any I've ever had in Manitoba. The amazing urban backdrop made it a memorable experience. And because the beaches are so huge, there are a number that cater to different niches so you can choose the beach that works best for you. There is a family beach where kids can run around, there is a gay beach with a DJ spinning music, there is a sports beach with volleyball courts, etc. It's quite impressive.

Source: GetawayHostel.com

I don't think many people consider Chicago as a beach destination, but next time I visit that city in the summer I will make a point of spending a day at the beach again.