View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 6, 2013, 3:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwick16 View Post
If contemporary means modern then most modern buildings aren't obtrusive. I am not sure why a building that is so obtrusive as the one that you posted the link to should be considered to be contemporary.

I think the Bloomfield building is contemporary; it is a modern design but not obtrusively so.
Yeah, you could definitely argue that the top of it is. The bottom podium level is really solid though. I love that kind of simple, stark, but warm contemporary design. (The Vic has it, largely thanks to the brick at street level.)

I really like this, for example, in Toronto, but only the first five floors. The tower is bland, but the bottom, simple though it is, is really well proportioned and, most importantly, not cheap-looking.

As far as what Someone123 said about getting 50 of these things in the North End, I haven't compiled a list, but tallying up all the proposals, there's got to be five or six now, and a bunch of smaller townhouse projects. Another one seems to come along every few months. (Of course, none of the larger ones have yet been built, so...).