View Single Post
Old Posted May 17, 2006, 4:20 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean
When I start seeing retail businesses that aren't chain stores, I might begin to entertain that idea. The area needs years and years, if not decades of organic growth before it can compete with the Phoenix/Scottsdale/Tempe square.
What I said has nothing to do with chain stores or your idea of proper organic growth. I say entertainment destination because of several reasons. One being the amount of attractions (2 sports/concert venues, waterfront, movieplex, many restaurants/bars, large scale ampitheaters, and many other attributes which will draw both tourists and locals. I for one wouldn't mind going somewhere I can park the car and have dinner, watch a concert, have drinks, have a light night snack, and find a hotel room to sleep in all in one place. It will be by far the largest concentration of entertainment values. Tempe has bars and a lake, but no professional sports venues. Scottsdale has bars... and thats it. Downtown Phoenix has businesses, and Biltmore has shops and some bars. Really nobody has as much going as that area. Sure it may be sterile, but for the majority of population, sterile = "nice"