View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 2, 2022, 7:17 PM
Show me the blueprints

Yeah, even with its amazing historic density in the west and central, as well as the recovering south, the Bronx really imo remains untapped in its potential and I agree much can be improved with better integration with transit... The cluster of high rises built recently in Mott Haven could be replicated in many other areas... Shlocky low rise thoroughfares like Boston Road east of White Plains should be upzoned to encourage the apartment house vernacular of the west and south while side streets could remain the lower density homeowner SFH and 2/4 families. I could talk about the Bx all day.... Other boroughs...Brooklyn will continue to rejuvenate and densify... 3 million by 2050 is realistic... Queens the same.... Manhattan shouldn't be less than 2 million...the fact it is just feels wrong... UES, LES, Upper. Manhattan along with continued highrise development throughout the island are key to this... East Harlem and Mott Haven,Bx should be a major target for very ambitious housing implimentation...this of course really requires the MTA to be aggressive about getting the SAS into the Bronx as well. So much future NY growth potential is being held back by a timid, overburdened and underfunded MTA. This city should realistically have a few subway expansion projects going on at the same time... That's the kind if aggressiveness that is needed and seems to be shared by other international alpha cities.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding