View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 13, 2013, 8:35 PM

Thank you all for your comments!

Danny - It's not surprising that you haven't heard of it until now. Compared to most of the cities shown in here Gdynia is not that big with only circa 250 thousands inhabitants in it's borders. But whole Trojmiasto metro area (with Sopot and Gdansk and without other small towns around) has way more than 700 thousands of inhabitants. With those towns it's more than one million.

Gdynia is known for hosting Open'er Festival. This year's edition ended just a couple of days ago Who played here in our festival history? Snoop Dogg, Kanye West, Bloc Party, The Chemical Brothers, Cool Kids of Death, Sex Pistols, Arctic Monkeys, The Cardigans, Janelle MonĂ¡e, Public Enemy, Kings of Leon... list goes on and on. I just want to name a few Open'er is well known in this part of Europe and judging by nationality of "music tourists" it's getting bigger and bigger every year So it's already huge.

I'm glad that you liked it 'cause Gdynia is the most unknown and underrated city of Trojmiasto (3city). And I live here from day one, so I know almost every aspect of my city and I want to show it here in most interesting way.

I don't know when and how will look like my next thread but there's a chance I do the next one!

Thanks and greetings to you from modernism pearl of Gdynia, Poland!