View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 28, 2010, 11:28 AM
Back from the dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaricManchurian View Post
Incorrect, its in Huayuan, southwest of Tianjin city center. Sino-Steel is in Tanggu though, and the Kerry Center is in Tianjin city center (currently in foundation stage). Basically the Binhai New Area is designed to help spur Tianjin's economic growth with a huge industrial park and dozens of skyscrapers (Tanggu itself will never surpass Tianjin), but so far its mostly talk and a little action. May I ask who did you talk to? Not saying that your info is incorrect, but reliable information on this is hard to come by (even more so now that bohaibbs is blocked to those outside China)
Hey BM .
Thanks for the corrections. The information I have is undoubtedly not as accurate as whatever you have. As far as this tower goes (117) I had trouble even finding people who knew what I was talking about so I ended up relying on my friend (who is visiting home in Tianjin) to see what he could dig up. Frankly , I'm not entirely clear about where he got his information from but he didn't make any fantastic claims really. He just said that people who had seen the site said nothing was going on and the reason was to do with financing due to some government investigation or something.

In any case , by all means , if you know what's happening with these buildings and where they are exactly , your information is greatly appreciated for the next time I visit Tianjin.