View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 15, 2021, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriandrade View Post
Thank you, Sopas! Indeed. When we live in the city, pics are completely different. They might look uninterest on the first glance, but they're representing a moment/view that was special enough for you to take a pic. In fact, I don't know why it took me so long to open a thread like this.
I somehow really connected with this thread; the shots of your apartments and views really got my attention. I see you like plants, and I love you how included them in your shots, even the one out the window. I like plants too, they really liven up even the coldest of interior spaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriandrade View Post
BTW, I LOVE your Los Angeles thread. Every time I get there I have this urge to take a plane and move there! You really know how to capture the essence of the place.
Thanks, man! I actually was only going to do that thread for precisely one year, and then stop. It was going to be a semi-documentation of my area during the COVID pandemic, but then it evolved into something else... It's funny because I also started seeing it as a photo diary, and yes, what some people might think of as mundane or ordinary or insignificant, has some meaning for me. And it's funny because in the past, when I showed people my vacation pictures of cities, I'm the kind of person who takes photos of manhole covers or sewer grates because I find them interesting, especially if they're not like the kind I'm used to in my city, and then my friends/family will say "Why did you take a picture of THIS??"

Have fun taking your photos! Again, I can't wait to see more. I've been wanting to visit Brazil but have never gotten around to doing it. I'm sure I would find São Paulo to be very interesting!

~ Charles Bukowski