View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD View Post
SacTownAndy, where did you get that info? I'd like to see if any other metros have been redefined...I'm pleased to see this thread still alive..it's almost time for next year's thread!
Steve-

Someone actually pointed it out to me in the CaliForum. So I went directly to the OMB's website and looked up Sacramento on their list of CSA designations. Sure enough, there the new designation including Yuba City was. I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but it had to have been some point in the last year- the last census estimates were only the "Sacramento-Arden-Arcade-Truckee" counties (which didn't include Sutter and Yuba), whereas now it's listed as "Sacramento-Arden-Arcade-Yuba City" CSA and now includes Sutter and Yuba counties (the Yuba City MSA was added).

I don't think there was a press release or anything, so if there are any metros you're curious about specifically and knew what they were beforehand, I would go to the CSA listing and look them up. It might be a pain but that's the only way I can think of for right now.

Here is the document I was looking at specifically, updated 11/20/07:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/bullet...008/b08-01.pdf