View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 20, 2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
Initially I thought this was one of the Pneumonic Plague photographs' that someone is selling reprints of on Ebay.

But this one is an original print. (creases and all)

"RAT CATCHERS 1920 photograph CITY OF LOS ANGELES HEALTH DEPARTMENT Badges CAGES Dead Rats"

EBAY

SELLER'S DESCRIPTION:

"One original old photograph. Looks like the whole team showed up for this one. Some are wearing badges. One can easily read a can at right that states
'HEALTH DEPARTMENT CITY OF LOS ANGELES STATE OF CALIFORNIA'. Guy kneeling at left appears to be hiding and does not want to be seen. Dead rats are placed about."

HERE
City Hall & Skid Row could use a few of those rat patrol dudes today. Acc. to L.A. Times, a city worker caught typhus from a rat flea bite in City Hall East. Skid Row is crawling with rats and fleas according to the Times. Rat populations seem to be surging all over the city, even in some nicer neighborhoods. San Diego too--not unusual to see rats scurrying around. Bedbugs and pesky little black ants that invade kitchens are more common too. Maybe the recent cold weather will help control the pests, at least for a while. I just hope we don't get an invasion of big spiders, like they have in Sydney (funnel webs, etc.). Spiders scare me.

Last edited by CaliNative; Feb 20, 2019 at 11:10 AM.