View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 18, 2020, 3:00 PM
Posh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
25% of the time I enjoy working from home, but hate it the other 75% of the time. I am just not as creative or productive working from home, and I dislike the lack of separation between work and nonwork spheres (which might not be an issue for those living alone, or at least for those that don't have children, but I have a wife and two kids which make noise and badger me...the type of work I do requires periods of intense concentration, which I find difficult when there are interruptions).

I suspect that the downtown office is here with us to stay, albeit perhaps only 80% of what it was, with a lot more flex time workers and people working from home on a more or less permanent basis.
I'm single and working from home lately as well, but even I get distracted by the lack of work-non work separation. My cat is always bugging me for one thing or another, and I often find myself getting distracted by various things I need to do in the house.