View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 16, 2019, 2:42 AM

Inland port

SLC has every right to be mad about how it went down and being screwed by the State. I’m consider myself to be a solid conservative and I was very disappointed with this huge mess.

As for the actual inland port. Assuming they can plan this right and it’s not just a big money grab, I’m actually for the port. The area around I-80 south to the 201 highway and west of I-215 is pretty much an inland port already. And a lot of those roads are getting jammed up with trucks so the pollution is already there and will continue with or without the port. Hopefully the port can stream line these shipping and transfer stations to make them more efficient and to better take advantage of the air and rail opportunities too. If it wasn’t for the political mess of this I think it was a pretty good plan if it’s implemented right. The pollution is a concern but I can’t say it gets that much worse with the port then without it. I figure it will at to it however but how much really? The key is proper planning and learning from other inland port mistakes and improving on them. If you haven’t been around the 201 highway it’s basically an inland port already in my opinion