View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 14, 2011, 1:12 AM
BANNED

Maritime CFL FAN, I agreed 100% what you said about the designed structure, CFL model, 25,000 peramnent seats, with all the amenities, skyboxes, concourses with permanent concession stands and washroooms, with open endzones, expandable to 45,000 plus, but what the public has to do is go to the public meeting and stress the importance of this model versus a cheaper bowl fixed type modular stadium which the city of Halifax are now looking at to build.
We, the Halifax sports fans and CFL fans have to convince the city of Halifax not to go this root because Halifax will never be able to host a Grey Cup game if this bowl type modular stadium is build.

We have to convince the city of Halifax, that Ottawa and Hamilton are building two new 25,000 permanent seat stadiums and not a bowl type stadium, but a stadium with the best seats from goal line to goal line, with open endzones to expand to 45,000 plus for a Grey Cup because a CFL owner has to be able to have the option to stage a Grey Cup, plus the tremendous economical benefit as well to the host city.

Basicly there are three ways Halifax can go. One, build a Nussli BC Lion type bowl modular stadium which Nussli says can remain standing permanently even though they say it`s a temporary structure like they have done in stadiums almost idential to BC`s temporary Empire stadium in Africa.

Second type would be to go with a BMO field stadium structure but with no bowl in the endzones and twin a two level stadium between the goal lines with open endzones, 12,500 seats on both sides of the stadium, with all the modern amenities.

Or build a precast riser concrete stadium like Prinston`s.

Question here, is that Prinston has indicated a concrete precast riser structure is the cheapest way to go on cost, but I`m not sure of that because the BMO field stadium is constructed out of steel or metal grandstand risers with metal floors and steel or metal support posts with a concrete wall around the stadium to support the beams and the main frame of the stadium, with concrete concourses with permanent washrooms and concessions stands, with modern skyboxes between the lower and upper levels and press boxes and outside decks on top of stadium and no roof to cut costs.

I really think this BMO design and structure is the way to go cost wise and structure wise compared with the NT model NUSSLI type bowl modular stadium, which is a lot cheaper to build but is basicly a make shift stadium and would be a disaster if Halifax those that root.

I believe if Halifax wants to be a player and show why they are the largest city in Atlantic Canada than they have to show their true colors and build a major Halifax to be a player and build it right.

If Halifax are willing to spend 60 million and the BMO 20,500 seat stadium was build for 66 million, I`m confident if they could copy the BMO design and duplicate a twin two level stadium between the goal lines with open end zones with all the latest modern features to seat 25,000 people, expandable to 45,000 plus for a Grey CUP, for 80 to 100 million, than they got it right.

Halifax has to treat a stadium project as important as the 160 million World Trade Centre, the 50 to 60 million dollar library, the 50 million dollar Canada Winter Games Centre, and the 48 million dollar Bedford 4 Pad. These are all firat class facilities which the stadium has to be too! The people of Halifax need to voice their opinion and and push Halifax to build a major stadium which I believe would be more supported than a cheap Nussli modular type bowl make shift stadium that could blow down in a Hurricane if they were it build a Nussli NT structure, that is more suited for Africa in their type of climate and with their economic situation. Halifax needs to build a major stadium, for major events, in the only major city in Atlantic that people in Halifax can be proud of now and in the future.

We the public have to amke it happen!