View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 5, 2022, 3:44 AM

Spent most of my life in Brampton and really only moved away (half hour away) in 2013. Downtown didn't have a whole lot to offer unless going once in a blue moon or you're really into theatre performances.

I'm happy that they redeveloped around the theatre to make something charming. I prefer historic, charming buildings in small downtowns over modern towers, but if Brampton can't be charming, then might as well go this route and get some momentum and critical mass going to hopefully make it a more attractive place that will actually draw people (older and younger) in from time to time for something to do.

However, I bet there's a fair number of residents who don't like that they can now or will soon be able to see towers above them while hanging around in their backyards. But, there's always that potential when you live in the downtown of a growing city. Surprised it took this long.

I like driving and or walking around the downtowns on the way to everywhere I go. I want Downtown Brampton to eventually be one of the place I'd regularly stop by on the way to visiting family at my old stomping grounds in Heart Lake.