View Single Post
Old Posted May 28, 2011, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrynorthend View Post
I remember Mic Mac Mall before the third floor was openned. It was always there since the orginal construction (to allow future expansion) and I remember looking up as a kid and wondering what it would be like to be way up there looking down into centre court. I was so excited when they finally announced expansion... they were adding an arcade too! (Fantasy 2000)
I'm trying to remember what that looked like before the expansion and am having a bit of difficulty. I do recall when the end that now contains Zellers (soon to be Target) was in its original form as Eaton's. That always seemed a bit of an odd store in that it seemed too small for what it was trying to offer in terms of merchandise selection. Still, it carried the usual good quality items that Eatons was known for. I still miss that chain - I was a big fan and bought most of my clothing there in the 80s (but at the HSC store).

I recall when Eatons closed in MicMac that the space sat empty for a while. I remember that at one point during that time they used it for a car display by GM.