View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 1:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
There's been rumours of a ground breaking since last year. I hope this one is different for you guys. I personally couldn't care less about the height of the towers here. There's very little for me to like about this. It's out of character with the neighbourhood. The urban form lacks an inviting scale. The design looks like it has been value engineered from the first renderings for this plan.
I would argue that there IS NO neighbourhood at this time. They are only getting started on redeveloping the area. Trinity Station will be the linchpin of the future Lebreton/Bayview area as it sits over the junction of two light rail lines, and it is a perfectly scaled development considering the plans for the area. It will hardly look out of place in 20 years when there are many 45 story plus towers around it. I also can not comprehend how you consider the final renders indicative of 'value engineering'. The renders look great. If they go with quality glazing and cladding this will be a fine looking development that would look great in any large Canadian city.