View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 27, 2009, 3:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azliam View Post
Honestly, do you really see people walking from downtown through all of these areas and to the Biltmore area? Amsterdam to Chez Nous is over 3 miles. Sure you can plant yourself (after driving) and then walk 'within' these areas, but I don't see people walking from downtown to some of these areas. It's just not as cohesive as downtown Tucson and I'm not sure if I'd call your route continuous.

I think he was saying there are 4 or 5 separate areas with a bunch of options within walking distance. I don't think he's saying you can walk between all 5 easily. Although downtown and the Roosevelt are definitely withing walking distance (or if you're lazy light rail)... I've done that multiple times. Then you can now take light rail home after 2am on the weekend. There were many places jsmscaleros didn't even mention downtown or in Roosevelt area (the two are merging). The old Jefferson St. bar, the bars at the Hyatt and the Wyndham, Moira Sushi (and Sake bar), Rose & Crown, Bar Bianco, Portlands, Sens.... etc. I think you (and definitely poconoboy) are greatly underestimating downtown Phoenix's nightlife now-a-days, and I could go on, depending on your style, but I doubt you'll ever go to the Ruby Room. And I'm probably underestimating Tucson's.