View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 27, 2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX31 View Post
I've already agreed that a continuous strip of nightlife is great and Tucson is better for that (Prescott even better). However, there's more options and greater nightlife throughout Phoenix proper than there is in Tucson (obviously this is where we are agreeing to disagree).
While this may be true as the vast population difference certainly would allow for more and varied establishments in the Phoenix metro, Tucson is not some backwater city (as some may conclude). There are some pretty nice newer establishments to visit (if you haven't been to Tucson in awhile). In addition, I'd have to say I'd prefer a much more vibrant energy in a downtown atmosphere than hopping in a car and going from point A pocket of nightlife to point B pocket of nightlife. I like Phoenix and Scottsdale - don't get me wrong - and I'm exciting about all of the construction over the past few years downtown. If this Jackson Street Entertainment District ever lifts off of the ground, I think I'd certainly want to spend more time in downtown Phoenix, but at the same time, Tucson is going through its own renaissance of sorts downtown and it's already ahead of the ball when it comes to nightlife.