View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 27, 2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmscaleros View Post
Continuous areas of nightlife in Phoenix:

1. Downtown (Core): Places to go - Amsterdam (and surrounding clubs), Seamus McCaffrey's, Hanny's, PHX, Sky Lounge, Bar Smith, Majerle's, Hard Rock, Cooperstown, Stoudemire's, The District, etc...

2. Roosevelt St. Area (just north of downtown and a 10-20 minute walk from any of the aforementioned places): Places to go - Modified, Carly's, Fair Trade, Turf, The Lost Leaf, Fate (whatever it's called now), more than a dozen art galleries.

3. Grand Ave. Arts Area: Places to go - Trunkspace, Tilt, Phix, The Paisley Violin, Bikini Lounge, Fatcats, bunch mo' galleries.

4. Mid-Town 7th Ave. (Just north of Indian School): Chez Nous Cocktail lounge, Fry Bread House (awesome), Copper Star Coffee (also awesome), Z Girl Bar, E Lounge, Bunkhouse Lounge, Char's Has the Blues, and others.

5. Phoenix Biltmore - usually more money than I'm willing to spend...

That's just off the top of my head. There are plenty of places you can plant yourself and walk around - it's a big city.
Honestly, do you really see people walking from downtown through all of these areas and to the Biltmore area? Amsterdam to Chez Nous is over 3 miles. Sure you can plant yourself (after driving) and then walk 'within' these areas, but I don't see people walking from downtown to some of these areas. It's just not as cohesive as downtown Tucson and I'm not sure if I'd call your route continuous.