View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 5, 2019, 7:36 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA21st View Post
I don't get this at all. You don't want Phoenix compared to the I.E or San Jose, but you want it compared to LA???

Many people think the IE is like Phoenix or Vegas.

It's just weird to me that you're trying to lump LA into this, when Dallas, Houston are more comparable here.
I agree that Phoenix is more comparable to San Jose, the IE and Vegas than Phoenix is comparable to Los Angeles.

I disagree that Phoenix is comparable to Dallas or Houston. Both Houston and Dallas skew more towards an L.A.-type design, but in different ways. Houston = larger downtown skyline than Los Angeles, Dallas = comparable to Los Angeles due to its numerous massive (150K+ population) suburbs; Plano, Arlington, Richardson = Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena, etc.

Phoenix is more in the suburban office park-look and feel category along with San Jose, Vegas and the IE. Just do a Google images search of "downtown Phoenix" and downtown San Jose" - they look virtually identical, whereas Los Angeles / Houston / Dallas (and Atlanta) all have a separate, similar look.

It could be argued that Houston or Dallas is a "baby L.A.", whereas Phoenix is more of an "oversized San Jose, IE or Vegas".