View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 10, 2010, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
On Feb. 8, Vornado began the city's land-use review process, the seven-month cavalcade of criticisms, recommendations and demands from residents and officials, which is the most significant public approval needed to demolish the hotel and build a new tower in its place. [u][b][color=blue]The reason for the review's start, according to statements Vornado representatives have made to government officials and others, is not because demolition of the Hotel Pennsylvania is imminent. Rather, the firm wants to be ready to pull the trigger should it ever find another tenant, saving itself the uncertainty and time requirements that come with public approval.
I try to remain optimistic about NY projects... but I'm not getting my hopes up too much, as this has to go through the same bureaucratic public review (ULURP) as the Tower Verre. I wouldn't be surprised if its approved with a dramatically lower height.

Regardless, I really like the design however, and have my fingers crossed that it will get approved!!