View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 17, 2010, 6:13 PM

And a proposal it should remain.

They should duct-tape its blueprints to the backs of every single member of the Dallas City Council/City Planning Board/Whomever It May Concern as if to represent a "kick me" sign.
Ye gods....why has this so-called "Metroplex" taken the cake since the late-1980's for pitching major league hissy-fits in response to bold ventures above street level? A valiant try notwithstanding, 560' for their latest real skyscraper falls short IMO of the strident swankiness that this community seems all too eager to convey...at least to a NYC suburbanite like me.

Oh BTW, lest I almost forget...
I really shouldn't want this to get around or anything; but the project's *name* doesn't seem to accurately reflect what the designers would have us *see*. Do any of you *see* a spire? *Anywhere*?

Fail for a city of it's size...*especially* in such proximity to the main hi-rise cluster. Not bad at all, tho, for a slue/slew--both are correct--of mid-size Lone Star cities: Corpus Christi, Port Arthur, Midland, Odessa, Wichita Falls, Amarillo, El Paso...plus others I can't think of because gratuitous name-dropping can annoy a lotta folks here.

--------------------------------

Edit: I will be glad to retract my ignorance about DFW if someone from this area can enlighten me as to why 750'+ skyscrapers and Texas' 4 largest metros have played hard-to-get with each other. I've read about Houston and the oil industry issues in the '80's...did DFW, Austin and S.A. get victimized by this as well?
Perhaps Austin's boom *in spite of this economy* is an indicator that things are on the upswing...which--apropos of this thread--is why I find this proposal in a TX city almost twice as populous so disappointing.

Last edited by JayPro; Sep 17, 2010 at 6:52 PM. Reason: reduction of critical tone & data gathering