View Single Post
Old Posted May 23, 2020, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamShatter View Post
Yea, I’m a big fan of Rebecca. She’s like the right balance of progressive meets pragmatic. I’d be thrilled if she ran for mayor then Governor or Senator.
+1000

I'd be happy with Domb as well but she's damn near come out of left field and I couldn't be happier about it.

No doubt Philly has deep intractable issues. But for the first time in generations, perhaps even in spite of Covid, we have an opportunity to fix them.

Kenney just says the same old sh*t and throws money at the problem. He literally has no metrics for success.

How many millions did he spend to build a litter "index" because he wanted to do street cleaning "right" and we still don't have any street cleaning? Just pick the f'ing place up.

Even in the most congested city neighborhoods, there are tons of streets with parking only on ONE side. For god's sake, just start running cleaners through these neighborhoods and sweep half the street. It's the side people can see anyway.

Then when people see it happening consistently and are happy with the results, they'll be more inclined to actually want to move their cars to continue the progress.

I'd venture a guess and say that 50% of the streets in Northern Liberties have either no parking at all (oxcart alleys) or parking only on 1 side (Hancock, American, Orianna, Lawrence, Orkney, Wildey, etc).

Ditto with the police department. Just keeps throwing money at it. Saying all the "right" things (we gotta put more cops on the streets!) and the murder rate is up 50% from when he took office.

He's an awful awful awful mayor.