View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 6:11 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRebel View Post
I'm a bit confused.

So what you're saying is if JDS gets the Junior site they'll probably combine both sites to create one super tall? Seeing as though this site is already going up to 800FT?
I'm saying I'm not sure that isn't already the case.

Quote:
The developer, JDS Development, bought the site at 340 Flatbush Ave. Ext., for $43.5 million, in partnership with former Chelsea Hotel owner the Chetrit Group.

The 174,000 square feet the developers can build as of right at the site could be configured in various ways

Quote:
The team most likely to lead this charge — Michael Stern and Joseph Chetrit — knows a thing or two about tall towers.

...In December, they went to contract on 340 Flatbush Avenue Extension, a squat six-story office building next door to Junior’s. If they can win the bidding for Junior’s, and get Chase to sell them the air rights it owns above the Dime Savings, a landmark, there would be at least half a million square feet at their disposal, enough to carve a knife blade of a tower onto the skyline.

You can see from filings with the City that the tower is for roughly that half million square feet...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.