View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 29, 2013, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albany NY View Post
Doggone it, GaylordWilshire, you stole my thunder! You are absolutely right, the address of Aimee Semple McPherson's home is 333 S. Manhattan Place.
lapl

I was So proud of myself for locating the address by looking on HistoricAerials.com. I looked for the curving walkway, the tower, and the shape of the roof next door. The latest aerial view they have is from 2005, and the house still existed then. The view below, from 1948, shows the curved walkway, while the view from 2004 shows the tower more clearly.

historicaerials.com

The neighboring house was gone before 1972.

historicaerials.com

I wish we could see what the house looked like 10 years ago. Come to think of it, though, maybe I wouldn't like to see it. Odds are it would have been pretty sad looking by then. I would love to have lived in that neighborhood way back when. Today, blech! You can have it.

Nicely done, anyway!

I have been wondering what was growing all over the house. Hate to say it, but with all of that shrub cladding, the place could have been a three story petting zoo. Shame it is no longer around. Would have been fascinating to explore the attic and basement, but not without first seeking guidance from Clyde Beatty or Charles Gay, regarding appropriate stool and whip!

http://catalog.library.ca.gov/exlibr...CVF2AAFIKT.jpg