View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 15, 2009, 2:54 PM
Cat Enthusiast

As for the music while we've been playing stand tunes... that's all the marketing people... they just go out and play whatever the very well please. Needless to say, the student section was uber pissed at us when we didn't play Basketcase at the beginning of the 4th quarter. I remember us having to deal with all that crap my Freshman year (2007), the students weren't happy.

See, we have a GTA standing next to whichever drum major is directing at the time, and the GTA talks to the marketing/media people about which songs to play and such. Fortunately, the Crimson White made note in Monday's paper that it was the marketing/media people who forced us, the band, to not play Basketcase at the very beginning of the 4th.

IMO, it should ONLY be the band playing during the games, considering that's what we're there for.

As far as the front facade of Foster, I'm sure they don't plan to do anything to it. There's not reason, it appears to be pretty structurally safe. I'm hoping they'll do something to kind of commemorate what happened.

I agree, I loved how they cut the grass for the 08 Aday, that was pretty freakin awesome. I think they decided not to continue with it because it might've been too difficult to cut week after week.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State