View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2007, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
Do you happen to know if the rendering for 300 South Second is looking west on San Carlos? I hope so, as it would put the taller tower right on the corner.
Hard for me to tell. The website doesnt really note a standing location.

Quote:
That last one looks like a horrible location from the satellite photo. Perhaps it's not actually as bad as it seems. But in that image it looks like they're dumping 10 story condos in the middle of a bunch of single-story, single-family, detached homes. It looks totally out of scale and character with the surrounding environment.
Thats what I thought too, but apparently the Delmas area just west of downtown and south of Diridon station is being up sized with infill projects. http://www.dbarchitect.com/ just finished an 8 story building in the area that I thought seemed out of place, but I suppose now if they want to add 10 story towers nearby, it wouldnt be. I just wonder what the residents of the single family homes feel about it.

Heres an image of the area. Note: the proposed towers would be adjacent to the freeway on the street a block south of David Baker's 8 story building.

Quote:
BTW: you picked up the Second Street map URL for the Fifth Street Tower. You might want to edit that.
Thank you for noting that.