View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 6:28 AM

Yes! Love the Jacarandas...I have been taking my own pics of them in Burbank/Glendale this past week. I do live here, but in general, not a big fan of the LA area for many reasons, but a lot of it is actually due to the climate stuff discussed here, cause I am a nerd! I am not really a fan of semi arid mediterranean landscapes...streets lined with large trees and neighborhoods with abundant trees in general are hard to come by in much of the LA area. I have to say, the areas around Pasadena right up to the foothills of the San Gabriels are probably my absolute favorite in the area! Like the poster mentioned...the micro climate allows for more trees, the terrain is pleasant, the architecture is beautiful, the neighborhoods established, and you can drive up to mount Wilson and it feels like you are in the rockies in just 20 mins. It is EXPENSIVE though, but in my opinion that area and the surrounding communities are some of the most pleasant in the region! It has a vibe that is rare for the area, and part of it is probably that it reminds me of home in Minneapolis with all the craftsman style architecture. Great pics! That is my long blabbering reply that doesn't really say much...it is just funny because I was taking similar pics and thinking about a lot of the things mentioned here recently.

Last edited by MNMike; Jun 25, 2019 at 6:39 AM.