View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 14, 2007, 1:10 AM
Smile :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimthemanincda View Post
Yes, I saw the article. The bypass has actually been in the planning stages for many years (since 1998). It will still be a little while before it is built, though. I like the idea. As to your feelings that they are just trying to put off improvements to Hwy 41 & 95, don't worry about it. There has been talk about widening and improving each highway (even with the bypass being built). The idea of the bypass is to have motorists passing through the area not have to deal with local traffic. That is why after studying the possibility of making US 95 a limited access freeway, KMPO and ITD are choosing to build a limited access freeway away from currently developed areas. We will still see a busy US 95and SR 41 with all the local traffic, but in the future 95 will be widened to 6 lanes and 41 to 4 lanes.

Here's a picture of the proposed bypass for those not familiar with the areas:
The blue lines are where proposed interchange ramps would be located (I-90, Poleline Avenue, Prairie Avenue, Hayden Avenue, Wyoming Avenue, Lancaster Avenue, Hwy. 95/Hwy. 53)

That was really interesting, you just cleared a lot of things up! Well, I hope this gets done. Right now, there are various improvements going on along SR41 but I don't know if they are like laying down natural gas lines or actually improving the roads. It is strange, the route of the "bypass" because the ITD should start construction on the Lancaster interchange on US95 in the not-to-distant-future.