View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 27, 2020, 12:41 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerville View Post

In fact, I fail to see how bike lanes really influence traffic. But if you prefer to focus on bike lanes in order to miss the real problems,...we're all allowed to have our opinions.
In the case of Hollis, Lower Water, the upgraded lane on Gottingen, these lanes have already existed and are just being upgraded. The lane on Hollis, for example, doesn't take up enough space to be repurposed into a traffic lane anyway. And what for! Outside of rush hours (where it's 2 lanes anyway, due to removal of parking) it's a pretty quiet street with a 'green wave' that provides great traffic flow.

I would earnestly enjoy it if we could ignore those who come to this thread in bad faith. I think there are debates to be had on how and where we put AT infrastructure, the type of infrastructure we use, and the money allocated to it.

But comments that devolve into claiming Halifax is a totalitarian hellscape with a council that is hated by the population are absurd and derail any hope of nuanced, thoughtful discussion.