View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 27, 2018, 5:03 AM
Doctor, The Doctor...Fun

I didn't get to the full block yet - I'm waiting until they're done all the ground details around the building - but here's the stand-alone model for the Comcast Technology Center in Philadelphia, PA, United States!

I used renders and concept drawings mostly for the proportions but referred to actual progress photos of the structure for the finer details. I went with a grid pattern on the clear glass portions of the building and a vertical pattern on the 'blue' glass portions. I used plan views to determine the placement of the various tiers in relationship to each other as well since they're least likely to change during construction whereas other details tend to.

It certainly isn't the most graceful structure but reading up about all the specifics of the building was exciting! Like silver lined windows that absorb heat to supply extra power, vertical cooling towers instead of spacing out the units on the roof like most buildings, indoor gardens throughout the whole building. It's a really cool achievement, even if it doesn't look very pretty. I still think it's a cool design.