View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 31, 2009, 1:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
SDM you are buying this Ben McCrea song and dance hook line & sinker. He is losing money because is a poor business manager. If he was worthy of the Chamber of Commerce distinction he received he would not be in this pickle. Waterside is a bad development, it destroys what little we have left of heritage properties, it creates very little in terms of new office space, it is an ugly building and the jobs created are short term construction jobs if they can find anyone to work on the project at all. The world is not waiting for Waterside and Waterside will NOT save the food court in Historic Properties.. The offshore financial companies will have options with the new Trade Centre, International Place etc. If these projects are not viable then neither is Waterside. If Rodney MacDonald wants to do something constructive then he can give a loan guarantee to a real office project.

Gee, I am pleasantly surprised to see such a positive commented post from you regarding this development and developer.

You obviously have some personal hatred on for not only the project but, as now further shown, the person developing it.

I mean to comment that the developer is a "poor manager" because he is losing money because tenants are either going bankrupt or doing what is required of them to protect their businesses is not only a ignorant comment, its just plain stupid. Then, only to finish it off, a less then appropriate comment that the recent recognition awarded is unwarranted.

Not sure if you caught the news yesterday, but Nova Scotia Crystal is now filing for Bankruptcy protection.

To me the signal is loud and clear, not song and dance. The feasibility of Downtown retail is failing further. Without people and projects, regardless of personal opinions if they are quality or not, means worse news is yet to come.