Thread: Barton Street
View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 27, 2009, 9:50 PM
Bruatalism gets no respec

they will charge for parking on this lot. i have no doubt. Like Mohawk and Mac/HHS... parking is a big $ revenue for them. Why did the City create "NO 'street' PARKING" anywhere within 1 km of both campuses except for more then 3 hours? So that people will pay $15-20 to park on Mac/HHS property. And the City obliged them by making the walk at least 2 km for free on-street parking.

What's stupid is that Hamilton should tax surface parking lots like crazy. making parking them not viable from a business sense.. or at least worth it to us the taxpayers.

Build a parking garage then.. that will take up a fraction of the footprint and cause a fraction of the rain run-off. That.. . my friend... Tim McCabe *google alert* would conform to the Places to Grow Act. Not this stupid surface lot that you re-zoned to also include a 'drive-thru'. I guess we can expect the Tim Hortons across the street to move into your new utopia. Tim 'drive-thru' McCabe .... making Hamilton a leader in The Places to Grow.