View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 19, 2021, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
Bombers win again 37-22. due to vaccination rules and covid outbreak Elks had their lowest attendance since the 1960's last night. Collaros needs to be in the conversation now for league MOP.
The way the Bombers started I thought it was going to be a total blowout but the Eskimos got it together. Bomber offense kind of fell asleep in the second half but luckily the defense bailed them out with two touchdowns.

The Bomber kicking game is obviously a real concern with Mourtada going 0/3 on FGs. I don't know much about the ins and outs of placekicking, but I am surprised at how hard it is to find a reliable kicker. I mean, every CIS and NCAA team has a kicker, and correct me if I'm wrong here but I can't imagine that kicking varies that wildly from college to the pros. It's not like you're a QB where when you get to the pros suddenly it gets way harder to read defences and deal with pass rushes, etc. You're a kicker, you stand there and hoof the ball regardless of whether it's a preseason game for Directional State University or the goddamn Super Bowl. So what's the issue here?!?