View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 26, 2018, 4:11 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I snapped this photo myself of the Wildcats seating chart on display at their most recent home game on the weekend.

Untitled

This will flesh out the information that lirette already posted.

The retractable seating area on the south end of the arena will be an ice level bar area (similar to Saint John). This is likely a good move and should be quite popular, especially with young male fans. This is smart marketing since this is a demographic the Wildcats likely want to target.

As lirette pointed out, there are multiple colour coded seating options, all presumably with different price points. Seasons ticket packages start at $480, but I presume this is for the orange level end seats. It'll be very interesting to see what the price points are for other seating options, especially the "center A" blue section. Right now, seasons tickets are $430 regardless of where you sit, so there is already a $50 jump in price from last year. If there were, say, a $250 premium for center A seating, this would take the cost of a seasons ticket to $730, and that's before the cost of playoff ticket packages and parking and HST. This could end up being quite pricey. The Wildcats had better be careful they don't price themselves out of the market.......

Regarding the senior ticket packages at $413 - the good news is that you only have to be 60 years old to be considered a senior (so I qualify). The bad news is that this package is only available for a limited number of dodgy seats in the far flung reaches of the centre. If you want better seating, you have to pony up the full amount........

And finally parking - the fellow manning the Wildcats booth that I was talking to stated that they had lined up about 400 parking spots for seasons ticket holders so far, in behind 1234 Main, the Sobeys lot and behind the federal government complex across the street. The cost per game will be $5-7, but available for the entire season, and you will receive a pass that you will have to display on your vehicle. They are working diligently to acquire more spots, especially with Heritage Properties, but negotiations are slow. They have 2000 seasons ticket holders, therefore so far they only have enough parking for 20-40% of the seasons ticket holder fan base (depending on how many fans per vehicle we're talking about). Much more work therefore needs to be done........