View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 24, 2015, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibba View Post
Damn, SUPER excited about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
Wow, my head's spinning from everything that's been released the last few days.

I think this looks fantastic. One of the developers is Time Equities, who is the developer of the Jahn-Designed 50 West tower in Lower Manhattan. Thrilled to be getting a new Jahn tower in Chicago, even more so in the South Loop.

I'm predicting there will be one opponent of this who is a forum member here.........
I'm super stoked as well. I really like the direction Jahn has taken in the last 10-15 years or so. I think this is the third time he's explored a subtle cantilever in a high-rise design? There's the aforementioned tower in Manhattan and the one at North Fairbanks before that.

God, if this and the Viñoly get built, Grant Park will finally be just about properly enclosed with two stellar pieces of architecture filling in the gaps. A lot (a lot) of development in the South Loop is needed to rebalance the skyline along Congress in the way it seems to want to be, and both of these would give the area a couple of significant anchors.

And I dunno. Maybe it's naivete but I'm optimistic about their chances of success. These lots are such prime real estate; it kinda baffles me that they're still available even as what are IMO less desirable nearby properties have been developed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post